Friday, July 16, 2010

The Bluberries Are In the Fridge

I don't feel like going to bed right now. I'm sleepy, the screen is blurring, and it's becoming tiresome to blink but the late-night meal I had about 2o minutes ago is still settling in my stomach. I didn't overindulge but I could have eaten a bit lighter. My snacking on blueberries transitioned into three small bean tacos from Rosa's. I just like beans so much. Beans, beans, beans. Watching Weeds took some time off my hands and let the food settle some more.

I'll keep waiting, though.

Cydnee took me to the movies tonight. I physically drove us but she payed for the ticket- an outrageous nine dollars. However, I thought the film we saw was worth every cent.

Movie review: Inception
A terrific, mind blowing film of the infinite possibilities and wonders of the mind. Leonardo DiCaprio does it again- his performance is fantastic.

Cyd and I were talking last night about my upcoming year abroad. She said she would love to come see me and I would equally like her company for some time during the winter break. She mentioned something about being so excited but foreseeing that this adventure could probably not take place for a few reasons, money being a big one. However, I promised her I would help her. I have a shit-load of scholarships coming my way but I'm going to take out my first loan for this trip as the estimated cost is very high.

I will take out money from my loan to help Cyd come and visit me if she needs it. It's not that I'm scared I'll be alone this December or that I'm dying to have someone visit me. It's more the thought of having her, my good, good friend travel across an ocean and spend some time with me in another country. My loan will not be big at all and what is, at maximum, like five hundred dollars more? Pff, nothing. The exchange of work and time would be well worth the experience to me. Maybe I'm being irrational. Mom says I obsess. Cyd and I have discussed how it might be better not to obsess but to try and really work towards this. I know she has to do much more work than me, but still- she need only ask and boom, she'll get her tickets to and from Europe.

So....healthy thoughts. If it ends up that she can't come, so be it.

Thanks, Cyd.

I put the blueberries back in the fridge and now I'm ending this post.

more later,

gabriel

1 comment:

Folashade said...

I haven't seen Inception yet...Study Abroad! That sounds amazing. I hope it all works out for you. Where do you want to go?